Powered by Outside

inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 22:39 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
I've ridden a Champ, and I have to say it's amazing. Super plush and amazing small bump sensitivity. It's been a few years though, so I might be embellishing the details a little.
if i ever go back to mtb i realy wanna get a champ

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
risse's are way too heavy lol... great hucker forks though...

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:

If it was for dh racing then they'd prob be too heavy but for freeriding and hucking then they'd be alright. cause I mean weight doesn't matter, right?

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
terrance wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:

If it was for dh racing then they'd prob be too heavy but for freeriding and hucking then they'd be alright. cause I mean weight doesn't matter, right?
for huckers... naw i said already there great hucker forks

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
check these out

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/mtn10.html

I think they're 14 ib's, heavy but I've heard they're damn good

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
I've done a parking lot test on some inverted Avy. It felt smoother than the Shivers that I've ridden, but I didn't get to take it out on any trails Cry

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
MARAZOCHOI ROCK
there a dirtbike fork
they specialize in STRENGTH

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
MARAZOCHI WILL ROCK ANYTHING YOU MATHC IT UP WITH
go look on a dirtbike website
about marazochi
you will be suprised
same build and metal as dirtbike forks
break them i dare ya
you can try but you w0ont succeed

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
hairyg1napops wrote:
MARAZOCHI WILL ROCK ANYTHING YOU MATHC IT UP WITH
go look on a dirtbike website
about marazochi
you will be suprised
same build and metal as dirtbike forks
break them i dare ya
you can try but you w0ont succeed

Marzocchi is okay
but there's better options out there
you can also find broken marzocchi's
pretty easily.
there's broken monsters on
pinkbike

Please learn
to type without hitting
enter so much

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
yea i know about enter thing, yes monsters suck though thats the thing, tripple eights are amazing, i blew up a pair doing a billbord drop but thats because the oil weight was low and my forks hit crown and broke...but thats because of oil in the forks, i work at gold seal mechanical for heavy industry, i have the ability to put 40 weight oil in my forks and never see the crown again...

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
hairyg1napops wrote:
yea i know about enter thing, yes monsters suck though thats the thing, tripple eights are amazing, i blew up a pair doing a billbord drop but thats because the oil weight was low and my forks hit crown and broke...but thats because of oil in the forks, i work at gold seal mechanical for heavy industry, i have the ability to put 40 weight oil in my forks and never see the crown again...

Monsters suck? I'm VERY sure that monsters are MUCH stronger than the 888, which is the trait you were talking about. Any fork will break if you abuse it. Take care of it, AND USE IT FOR WHAT IT'S MADE FOR, and almost any fork will last at least two seasons.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
hairyg1napops wrote:

888 stronger than monsters? Have you ever been near a monster? They could fight with a tank... and win! Haha. But really, it doesnt weight 13lbs for nothing. Ive only seen one broken monster, and it wasnt craked, just warped. And thats it. On the other hand, ive seen many broken 888(not that they are a bad fork, but they are definately weaker than a monster)

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
hairyg1napops wrote:

...thus proving your idociy.

1) Monsters are stronger than 888s. And they ride decent as well. They are just stupid heavy, so no one wants them
2) your crowns were too low. Even at full bottom, a 888 will not "hit crown"
3) Forks use from 5wt-15wt oil. If you put 40 wt in there, they would take min 30 seconds to rebound from bottom.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
only pair of broken monsters ive seen is when a guy tacking down a trail collided with a tree and bent them under (he was 265 pounds) i have a pair and they are not the smoothest things on the planet nor are they the lightest but honestly i have no complaints besides the leak from the top of my fork but thats just because their old and havent been rebuilt. ive seen several pairs of broken 888's but they are light and if you are any fast youll want to take a good look at em but you risk the fact they are a little flexxier and a lot easier to break than mosters

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
what are the best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE inverted forks?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009957
Mobile Version of Website