Powered by Outside

Seven Springs - new features and new trail.

PB Forum :: USA - East
Seven Springs - new features and new trail.
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 6:32 Quote
martis wrote:
ECMTB wrote:
what are the showtime jumps going to be like?

it's all going to depend on what they look like when the snow melts. i'm aware of the fact that it's the sketchiest section on the mountain, due to erosion, and they need some fresh dirt. it's on the "to do" list for sure.

did anyone take about drainage?

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
I brought it up on the facebook page and have talked with Brian a little on the subject.. How does everyone feel about a weekly or every other week race series? something simular the Whistler's Phat & Phast Wenesdays for the locals..

The more riders that we know can/will show up before the idea goes any further the easier i imagine it will be to actually get a mini race series going.

the way i see it is: more riding time with locals to make friends and push eachother's riding + more incentive to go to the park + more intrest in the park + more riders going to the park + word of mouth exposure for the park = more incentive for the crew to be allowed to build = more trails = north face = more fun for everybody Smile

any questions?

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
wirenut013 wrote:
I brought it up on the facebook page and have talked with Brian a little on the subject.. How does everyone feel about a weekly or every other week race series? something simular the Whistler's Phat & Phast Wenesdays for the locals..

The more riders that we know can/will show up before the idea goes any further the easier i imagine it will be to actually get a mini race series going.

the way i see it is: more riding time with locals to make friends and push eachother's riding + more incentive to go to the park + more intrest in the park + more riders going to the park + word of mouth exposure for the park = more incentive for the crew to be allowed to build = more trails = north face = more fun for everybody Smile

any questions?

would we need a season pass to do this? i would love to when i can fit it in around my schedule, but i'm not getting a pass.... also, if we do, can we get maybe a ticket cost break? i know, i sound needie... but i don't make much working at a bike shop....

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 13:07 Quote
I would definitely be down for a mini race series. I've never raced before and intend to race for the first time at the 7springs gravity east event, and I'll probably be at 7springs 2-3 times a week this summer; a mini race series would be perfect for me to progress my riding.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
jbrennan26 wrote:
I would definitely be down for a mini race series. I've never raced before and intend to race for the first time at the 7springs gravity east event, and I'll probably be at 7springs 2-3 times a week this summer; a mini race series would be perfect for me to progress my riding.

I'll definitely bring up the subject to my superiors when possible. Right now, there's still focus on the final winter events (Forum/Flow shoot in The Spot, Spring Sessions, Mashed Potato Meltdown), and then there's the issue of waiting for the snow to melt before we can get moving on things.

Personally, I think it would be really cool. It would have to be both financially and logistically viable for the resort and park crew alike, but like I said, I'll bring up the subject.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 18:26 Quote
when i was at whistler they had extended play Wednesdays, they were open till 8 pm. If springs were to do that might get more people in during the week. i know when i was working it was really hard to get up before closing during the week.

I also think a "freeride band bash" monthly event would be cool with some local bands at the foggy and good rates on beer either Fridays or Saturdays.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 11:01 Quote
A small weekely local race series could be cool. Could choose a different race course every week. I really like the idea of being open later on at least one weekday. I would still have to leave work an hour or two early to beat traffic on the parkways.

I'd really like to see freeride festivle type stuff. Like have bands, cookouts with discounts if you buy a bike park pass, video premieres, and of course drink specials for mountain bikers!

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
rav400 wrote:
A small weekely local race series could be cool. Could choose a different race course every week. I really like the idea of being open later on at least one weekday. I would still have to leave work an hour or two early to beat traffic on the parkways.

I'd really like to see freeride festivle type stuff. Like have bands, cookouts with discounts if you buy a bike park pass, video premieres, and of course drink specials for mountain bikers!

i really like the idea of a festival weekend or something of the sort. the "free-ride" weekend was awesome... but i think lots of people would show up for $10 lift tickets or something of the sort, too. bands, cookouts, DJ's, drink specials... the whole thing. if anyone here went to the old NORBA nationals at springs... the same sort of atmosphere. just a big party with tons of good riding. again... something i'll pass along.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
Saturday, May 29 is opening day! We're going to be open from 10-6 on weekends through July 1, when we go 7 days a week, up through September 6. We're going to continue shuttling on Mon-Thurs, 10-5, as it worked out very well last year.

May 29 - July 1: Sat. and Sun. 10-6.
July 1 - September 6: Mon. - Thurs: 10-6, Fri. and Sat: 10-7, Sun. 10-6
September 7 - October 24: Sat. and Sun. 10-6.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 16:44 Quote
Awesome! Lift tickets still the same price?

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
I haven't been informed of any changes for the lift ticket prices. I'd assume they'll probably be the same.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
can we get one of these

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 9:11 Quote
banshee62 wrote:
can we get one of these

photo

i'm curious as to why you want one? we both know that something this size is way too big for you.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
martis wrote:
banshee62 wrote:
can we get one of these

photo

i'm curious as to why you want one? we both know that something this size is way too big for you.

HA HA! Beer put it right in the middle of wagner

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016172
Mobile Version of Website