PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
show off your transition
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
make ss in front^^^^^

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:50 Quote
epicbiker wrote:
jGell wrote:
epicbiker wrote:

its alright but most of the parts arent that great. maybe get better quality ones in the future cuz it will run better and you will probably shed some weight off the bike

hmm the domain is a bit heavy, but out of curiosity, which of the other parts are crap? I built it pretty burly

edit: a note, I'm a student...so I did have a budget

umm the front brake looks like an older hayes which is no good. and sun rims arent exactly the best out there. cant tell what ur front rim is. and why do u have a front deralur on a freeride hardtail?

...do you even read the post you're commenting on? I said the brakes are a buddy's, I'm either replacing them with j7's or stroker trails. The mtx was within my budget and is fine for what I'm doing, and as I said, the front will be a 729...pretty decent rim.

I have a double ring on the front because I'm using it as an all mountain/freeride hardtail. You know, pedal up, ride down? ...novel concept! I also got a great deal on the holzefeller oct crankset, which had the double chainring/bash guard already.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
crashin wrote:
photo

mine, 32lbs running smooth.

Yea Yea for 32pound Doubles, mines 32 aswell.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
jGell wrote:
epicbiker wrote:
jGell wrote:

hmm the domain is a bit heavy, but out of curiosity, which of the other parts are crap? I built it pretty burly

edit: a note, I'm a student...so I did have a budget

umm the front brake looks like an older hayes which is no good. and sun rims arent exactly the best out there. cant tell what ur front rim is. and why do u have a front deralur on a freeride hardtail?

...do you even read the post you're commenting on? I said the brakes are a buddy's, I'm either replacing them with j7's or stroker trails. The mtx was within my budget and is fine for what I'm doing, and as I said, the front will be a 729...pretty decent rim.

I have a double ring on the front because I'm using it as an all mountain/freeride hardtail. You know, pedal up, ride down? ...novel concept! I also got a great deal on the holzefeller oct crankset, which had the double chainring/bash guard already.

i do that too but with a single ring and a chainguide on my sx trail. works just fine and is way more reliable on the downhill. and yes i know 729's are decent as i have one on my bike. and get juicy 7's cuz theyre awesome brakes

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
epicbiker wrote:
jGell wrote:
epicbiker wrote:

i do that too but with a single ring and a chainguide on my sx trail. works just fine and is way more reliable on the downhill. and yes i know 729's are decent as i have one on my bike. and get juicy 7's cuz theyre awesome brakes

double ring is working fine for me so far, if theres any problems I might look into a single with a chainguide

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 21:10 Quote
my new br!what do you think????

photo

photo

photo

specs on request

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
here is my bottlerocket! Almost done with my spec's just needing the cash! Bike is alot of money!
photo

Comments?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
cmorebikes wrote:
here is my bottlerocket! Almost done with my spec's just needing the cash! Bike is alot of money!
photo

Comments?
how hevey?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
cmorebikes wrote:
photo

Comments?
how hevey?
36.82 pounds... Not bad but I'd like it a little less... Like 32-34 ish

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
cmorebikes wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
cmorebikes wrote:
photo

Comments?
how hevey?
whats the specs?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
photo

comments?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
cmorebikes wrote:
dher0521 wrote:

how hevey?
whats the specs?
juicy 7 front and rear breaks
marzo bomber 66 eta rc2 forks
Alexrims supra bh pro 32 hole front rim with a no name hub (soon to be chris king gold hub with deemax rim)
mavic deemax 36 hole rear rim with dt Swiss champion spokes with dirty flee hub (soon to be chris king gold hub)
shimano deore 8 spd shifter (soon to be x-0)
husselfelt cranks ( soon to be diety)
transition red pedals
diety "dirty thirty" bars
white odi lock on grips
raceface diabulios stem (soon to be diety)
IRC freedorm cross dh tires 2.5 on both
fox dhx 5.5 air rear shock
e thirteen chain guide and bash gaurd
and that's my bike

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 3:55 Quote
boultz16 wrote:
photo

comments?

Too much fork brother. No offense meant at all. I put a 180mm Travis on my BR, had it set as low as it could go and it still messed up the Geo enough to make it feel unstable. The 36 that I had on there originally was perfect as for as geo goes. The perfect fork for the BR IMO would be a Totem lowered to 160mm or a 66 ATA lowered to 160mm.

Now the Travis is on my Blindside and it's feeling great but I really want to go to a 203mm.

Other than the fork you've got a sweet spec, it's gotta be fun to ride. You could go with a Fox 36 Float to match your air rear shock. You'd have a super snappy light build then.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
b-side wrote:
boultz16 wrote:
photo

comments?

Too much fork brother. No offense meant at all. I put a 180mm Travis on my BR, had it set as low as it could go and it still messed up the Geo enough to make it feel unstable. The 36 that I had on there originally was perfect as for as geo goes. The perfect fork for the BR IMO would be a Totem lowered to 160mm or a 66 ATA lowered to 160mm.

Now the Travis is on my Blindside and it's feeling great but I really want to go to a 203mm.

Other than the fork you've got a sweet spec, it's gotta be fun to ride. You could go with a Fox 36 Float to match your air rear shock. You'd have a super snappy light build then.

True that!! But i have a 2008 66 ata rc3 on my BR and i have it set at 180 and it feels great, especialy off the bit hits.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
b-side wrote:
boultz16 wrote:
photo

comments?

i totally agree with you.
i bought the dorado for my stinky, and then got the br frame,
im looking at getting a new fork(i was thinking 36 talas, lyric or 66) but thats next summer.
and you would be suprised how well the dorado rides with it. (i sure was)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019928
Mobile Version of Website