Powered by Outside

Yorkshire

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
last time i went the jumps were in hideous condition. has anyone been recently? they must ahve redone them they had huge rocks sticking out!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
right then. carlton bank. iv had a few people say that its private and that you cant ride it all the time. both from frainds and on here.....how the hell are you supposed to know? i cant find anythin on the net with any info at all. cant even find decent directions.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
Simno44 wrote:
right then. carlton bank. iv had a few people say that its private and that you cant ride it all the time. both from frainds and on here.....how the hell are you supposed to know? i cant find anythin on the net with any info at all. cant even find decent directions.
I've ridden Carlton a lot and, yeah it's owned by the guy in the cafe at the bottom, but he never stops anyone from riding it and there's no fence or anything. It's pretty hard to find if you don't know your way either but I know that there's a left turning to go up to it signposted 'Chopgate'.
Hope that helps a little bit. tup

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
dcshredder wrote:
Simno44 wrote:
I've ridden Carlton a lot and, yeah it's owned by the guy in the cafe at the bottom, but he never stops anyone from riding it and there's no fence or anything. It's pretty hard to find if you don't know your way either but I know that there's a left turning to go up to it signposted 'Chopgate'.
Hope that helps a little bit. tup

is that right? the guy in the cafe? iv had people talk about farmers with guns and so on lol

what kind of ride is it? is it long?

can anyone fix me up with a post code or a map?

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
tbh carlton bank is the biggest bastard of a push back to the top nd isnt massively worth it wen u cud do half the pushin nd twice the ridin at hammers

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 23:28 Quote
tom-walsh wrote:
tbh carlton bank is the biggest bastard of a push back to the top nd isnt massively worth it wen u cud do half the pushin nd twice the ridin at hammers
very true, the push up is horrible because its on long, squishy grass that saps your energy as you walk up! It's a good dh though, but the push up runs it really.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
tom-walsh wrote:

fair do's but at the same time i have a semmy pro friend who has warned me that hammy aint much for for your average rider....is that true? or is it worth a visit? just lookin for somwere fun realy, fast flowin etc. is the [ush up to carlton wors than silton? i mean when i fist rode silton lookin for the track me and a friend walked right to the top of that flamin road lol was a good ride down though

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
pop lord stones cafe in to g.maps and bobs you unkle
i thing its a farmer who owns the land but its open to the public
theres rumor that theres another track in a forest somewere which is priarate
i dont think the push up is to bad

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
Simno44 wrote:
tom-walsh wrote:

fair do's but at the same time i have a semmy pro friend who has warned me that hammy aint much for for your average rider....is that true? or is it worth a visit? just lookin for somwere fun realy, fast flowin etc. is the [ush up to carlton wors than silton? i mean when i fist rode silton lookin for the track me and a friend walked right to the top of that flamin road lol was a good ride down though

Hamsterly is great, the bottom section might be a bit tech for you, but i dont know how good of a rider you are, the top half of the main course is really fast and flowy, lost of berms and some big jumps.
There is also a NPS 4X course, and dual and so many other runs you are bound to find something you like!

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
but a more important issue.

WHO CAN GET ME A DIGGER?
Anyone no of any companies in york or any mates that have acces too one?
We are willing to pay good $$$$!

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
i can do hammers on the HT

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
I dont think Carlton Bank is such a big push personally. Steep bt shorter then Hamsterley.
You can ride the Old Carlton track (near the cafe) but i think the new "NPS" one is out of bounds.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
russpaver wrote:
but a more important issue.

WHO CAN GET ME A DIGGER?
Anyone no of any companies in york or any mates that have acces too one?
We are willing to pay good $$$$!

?????????????????????????????????????

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 1:07 Quote
one word..........SNOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!/slush

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010815
Mobile Version of Website