Powered by Outside

Seven Springs - new features and new trail.

PB Forum :: USA - East
Seven Springs - new features and new trail.
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
JBizzle wrote:
Hey Kids, i know we got some pretty good rain last night but the trails are awesome today, just the right amount of traction. Come out and ride tomorrow. It is turning out to be a great weekend. Also there are some new sections that will blow you away.

You have to come check it out, hope to see you see out tomorrow.
hey man I don't know where u live... I'm three hours away. Could u possibly post an update of any changing weather? I wanna come out tmrw but I don't wanna ride if its flooded. Lol thanks man

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 12:20 Quote
Ditto.
My buddy and I are hoping to come down from Erie on Sunday, but it looks like lightning possible. Anybody know the lift policies during thunderstorms?

Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
poormtnbkr wrote:
Ditto.
My buddy and I are hoping to come down from Erie on Sunday, but it looks like lightning possible. Anybody know the lift policies during thunderstorms?
I was there memorial day.and they shut down the lifts for 30min every time lightning strikes

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 at 15:25 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
poormtnbkr wrote:
Ditto.
I was there memorial day.and they shut down the lifts for 30min every time lightning strikes

basically, if there's lightning visible from the top of the mountain, we're required by law to shut down the chair for 30 minutes. lightning striking the chairlift with riders on it... yeah, that's a bad thing.

a new section should be easily visible to anyone riding this weekend. some serious features are going in on this one.

rain sucks, but to those far away, check weather for champion, pa on weather.com before you head out. the only reason we'll shut down the lift is for lightning, and riding a techy trail like frankenstein in a downpour is a total blast. i'll try to post tomorrow morning about the conditions up here, but it looks like scattered morning showers followed by sun in the afternoon.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
props to the erie dudes coming out despite a crummy weather forecast! most of the trails dried out and were good and tacky by 2 or 3 pm. i was just stoked to be doing some "test rides" on our premium-rental session 88. that thing is too good to be true.

gravity east next weekend and POSSIBLY (hopefully) a new trail spur with some fun, crazy new features.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 6:04 Quote
Sunday was flippin' awesome! All the trail improvements are sweet. The new spur up top looks like it is going to be great. The diving board up there looks so fast and smooth! Looks Like the runout on that huge rainbow is going to need armored to the max. That possible launch after it looks exciting too. Any clues on what it will send you flying into?

The new wood features in foggy bowl looked like they need armored entries and exits as well, they were pretty rutted. For sure an improvement over the sketch bumps though.

Overall the place looked awesome, its great to see everyone down there investing what they can to make an awesome riding experience.

Now, to start on tearing down my bike. I hit the bike wash like 4 times before I even stopped riding.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 7:26 Quote
martis wrote:
props to the erie dudes coming out despite a crummy weather forecast! most of the trails dried out and were good and tacky by 2 or 3 pm. i was just stoked to be doing some "test rides" on our premium-rental session 88. that thing is too good to be true.

It was cool to finally meet the guys doing all the work. The place looks great and the improvements to the trails are awesome! Keep up the good work.

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
I'm going to try my hardest to get up there ASAP.... Missing the race, which is a total bummer, but possilbly hitting there the following weekend!

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 17:32 Quote
poormtnbkr wrote:
Sunday was flippin' awesome! All the trail improvements are sweet. The new spur up top looks like it is going to be great. The diving board up there looks so fast and smooth! Looks Like the runout on that huge rainbow is going to need armored to the max. That possible launch after it looks exciting too. Any clues on what it will send you flying into?

The new wood features in foggy bowl looked like they need armored entries and exits as well, they were pretty rutted. For sure an improvement over the sketch bumps though.

Overall the place looked awesome, its great to see everyone down there investing what they can to make an awesome riding experience.

Now, to start on tearing down my bike. I hit the bike wash like 4 times before I even stopped riding.

the section up top is now very deep into the build process... we're open to the public on friday, by the way, and we're working to finish that spur (yet to be named) by thursday afternoon. today consisted of lots of cement work, lots of wood work, and lots of dirt work, both in the skid steer and by hand. all the features are shaping up REALLY nicely. it'll definitely be cool to have these features out in the open for everyone to see.

so it's no secret that there's a diving board drop, and then the enormous rainbow. after that is strictly classified, although it's sure to be talked about. i've never seen anything quite like it, really. and if you can do the first two features, you can handle the third.

all of these features we're putting in are actually recycled terrain parks features from years past. it saves us wood (good for the environment), recycles unused material (again, good for the environment), saves us a ton of money (freeing up some of the budget for other things), frees up space for new winter jibs (good for us in the winter), and is FAR less time consuming than building it entirely from wood (more time for other projects, and is allowing us to build this entire section in under 2 weeks with only three people). everyone besides one person on the staff works terrain parks all winter, and it definitely brings a sort of "terrain parks" feel to the bike park... why fight it, right?

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
for those riding tomorrow... we will most likely be finishing the new section throughout the day... the rain on wednesday definitely didn't do us any good. the rest of the mountain is in great shape, and the gravity east course is PRIME. for those of you racing cat 2 or 3, there is a course change, by the way.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 21:50 Quote
and the course change is... of course you'll have to wait to see.

However for those of you coming up tomorrow who just want to race, we will be open at 10am and close the lift at 5pm.

Mountain closed to all but racers Sat. Sunday the mountain will be open the non-racing public after the race.

I'll post up some more info about the race from work tomorrow.

Good meeting you guys too.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
yeah new trail opens tomorrow! we still have yet to name it, but we're hard at work thinking about that... we've been too busy working. so it goes like this:

ladder drop/step down - 7 foot tall rainbow bridge - picnic table gap - wooden berm.

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 at 7:42 Quote
headed up tomorrow... REALLY need a day to get out and get dirty! looking forward to the new trails!

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
martis wrote:
yeah new trail opens tomorrow! we still have yet to name it, but we're hard at work thinking about that... we've been too busy working. so it goes like this:

ladder drop/step down - 7 foot tall rainbow bridge - picnic table gap - wooden berm.
Any pics?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008295
Mobile Version of Website