Powered by Outside

DH/4X - The Weight Game.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DH/4X - The Weight Game.
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
Formula The One.

I think the Team Session 88's will be so sick next season, they will be one hell of a light bike. Unless that is the model they are thinking of using.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
That must be $400 per brake!

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
Jesus, f*ck, that Trek is so light, with a coil shock, nonetheless... Not to mention Aluminum bars and a shitty post/seat combo.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
Does anyone know the weight of a stock 2008 Kona Stinky. I have used google, the search, RM, NSMB, MTBR, everywhere and I still can't find it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Does anyone know the weight of a stock 2008 Kona Stinky. I have used google, the search, RM, NSMB, MTBR, everywhere and I still can't find it.
It doesn't matter, frankly. If you have a stinky, you're not terribly worried about weight. I'd say 11 lbs, give or take, that's a heavy estimate.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
It doesn't matter, frankly. If you have a stinky, you're not terribly worried about weight. I'd say 11 lbs, give or take, that's a heavy estimate.
Meh, I still want to know because I am getting one for Christmas, and I want to know how light is is possible to get it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
\
11 lbs? that must be a typo cus i know the stinky AIR weighs 41 lbs

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
me2menow wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
\
I thought he meant frame.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Jesus, f*ck, that Trek is so light, with a coil shock, nonetheless... Not to mention Aluminum bars and a shitty post/seat combo.

Aluminum bars are a trust thing - I wouldn't run carbon on a DH bike, just like some people wouldn't run air. The trick is that it had a single-ply rear tire. But if you make the changes I suggested and add a rear tire, it's still 33 pounds on the dot.

me2menow...what the f*ck? "ti bolts"?

AC - weigh it when you get it, take a picture of it on a shop scale, and upload it to PB. That's how these weights end up in this thread, someone takes a picture of whatever product on a scale.

I'm getting Ti Hope rotor bolts tomorrow, I'll weight them for you guys.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
me2menow wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
\
I thought he meant frame.
oh, idk

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
dubhex wrote:
*SNIP* like how to run 83mm XT cranks *SNIP*

I would be very interested in hearing how you would do this?

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
Thought I'd add the link....just to stroke my...............ego

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=59954

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
I don't know, but I've invited people to this thread that do know how.

On the 4X side.... This is an AMAZING thread, along with sicklines builds, you can always learn a lot.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Thought I'd add the link....just to stroke my...............ego

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=59954

Ah....link ain't workin' man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010096
Mobile Version of Website