Powered by Outside

2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2013 at 21:30 Quote
Did I just found a bent spot right at the rim seam and the joint is separated. I'm going Mavic 823

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
Folded the sidewall on my swiss cheese EX500 too, just built up with a 823 but still to run it properly. Rim is heavier but running tubeless so should weight less all in

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 12:42 Quote
pete-c wrote:
Folded the sidewall on my swiss cheese EX500 too, just built up with a 823 but still to run it properly. Rim is heavier but running tubeless so should weight less all in
i bet you it will be heavier.

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 13:34 Quote
Nobble wrote:
pete-c wrote:
I shoulda weighed it before and after but Mavic suggest the 823 is 155g heavier. Loosing 449g from the inner tube and 32x6mm shorter spokes means I would need to use more than 300g of sealant to overcome the loss from the tube (all assuming list weights are accurate)

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 13:42 Quote
pete-c wrote:
Nobble wrote:
pete-c wrote:
I shoulda weighed it before and after but Mavic suggest the 823 is 155g heavier. Loosing 449g from the inner tube and 32x6mm shorter spokes means I would need to use more than 300g of sealant to overcome the loss from the tube (all assuming list weights are accurate)
i'm assuming you aren't using UST tires which means you're going to need about two cups of sealant per tire.

That's about 470 ml per tire. Even if stans is half the weight of water that's still 235g per wheel.

Edit: the amount of stans is off, but it's still a pretty small weight difference over a light tube.

Posted: Jul 27, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
Nobble wrote:
i'm assuming you aren't using UST tires which means you're going to need about two cups of sealant per tire.

That's about 470 ml per tire. Even if stans is half the weight of water that's still 235g per wheel.
Yup standard Muddy Marys, gonna run 1 cup and see how I get on. Would rather an extra bit of weight for the added strength but will see how they hold

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 18:02 Quote
I'm getting a 2013 Glory in next week, and I'm wondering what spring weight I should get? It's a size large, so I'm assuming it comes with a pretty firm spring. Since I'm only around 170 with all my gear on, I'm assuming I'll need a lighter spring than the stock one. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 18:11 Quote
stock on the 2012 was 400, you should get a 300 i change mind for a 500...i am at 225

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 18:21 Quote
GingaCal wrote:
I'm getting a 2013 Glory in next week, and I'm wondering what spring weight I should get? It's a size large, so I'm assuming it comes with a pretty firm spring. Since I'm only around 170 with all my gear on, I'm assuming I'll need a lighter spring than the stock one. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
the spring mine came with was WAYYY to stiff i when't down two spring sizes and im 200lbs and 6ft and i do ride a large frame

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 19:21 Quote
GingaCal wrote:
450 or 400 would probably be good.

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 12:51 Quote
Second update for my Glory 2
First handlebar then brakes!!

Goodbye Elixir 5 and welcome

photo

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 13:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
GingaCal wrote:
450 or 400 would probably be good.

I think it s stock with a 450 not sur but my 2012 was like that, a large too

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 14:31 Quote
hi,

has anybody installed a shimano zee fc-m645 on a 2013 glory?

...maybe with a mrp g2 chainguid?

i am wondering how many spacers i have to use to install it correct.

thanks for any reply and any help is much appreciated

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 18:03 Quote
listeryu wrote:
hi,

has anybody installed a shimano zee fc-m645 on a 2013 glory?

...maybe with a mrp g2 chainguid?

i am wondering how many spacers i have to use to install it correct.

thanks for any reply and any help is much appreciated

First off check how many spacers are already on there, and bb's don't change in the shimano MTb range so the fact that its zee won't make a difference, if its a SRAM bb put the same amount of spacers, there the same width, or ask your local bike shop and it wouldn't hurt reading the bike and bb manual ....

Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 18:10 Quote
Hey fellow Glory shredders. Have any of you had leaking problems with the Kage R? My 2014 Glory 2 came with one and recently it's been leaking a little bit. It seems like it dripped oil on the garage floor once or twice and the bottom bracket area was kinda wet. I noticed it stopped within the last few days or so. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I also noticed the shock sounds as if there's sand inside it when it's being compressed. It sounds dry almost but not too much oil leaked out. Thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016537
Mobile Version of Website