Powered by Outside

2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
Hey fellow Glory shredders. Have any of you had leaking problems with the Kage R? My 2014 Glory 2 came with one and recently it's been leaking a little bit. It seems like it dripped oil on the garage floor once or twice and the bottom bracket area was kinda wet. I noticed it stopped within the last few days or so. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I also noticed the shock sounds as if there's sand inside it when it's being compressed. It sounds dry almost but not too much oil leaked out. Thoughts?

mmm mmmm

Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 19:08 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
Hey fellow Glory shredders. Have any of you had leaking problems with the Kage R? My 2014 Glory 2 came with one and recently it's been leaking a little bit. It seems like it dripped oil on the garage floor once or twice and the bottom bracket area was kinda wet. I noticed it stopped within the last few days or so. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I also noticed the shock sounds as if there's sand inside it when it's being compressed. It sounds dry almost but not too much oil leaked out. Thoughts?
go to your local bike shop

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 5:52 Quote
Maybe you Turn the coil too much went for a ride and over compress it, maybe

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 6:48 Quote
Maybe seals are worn, or the oil needs replacing, or you could have blown the shock, you should really bring it to your lbs because if there is a problem, continuing to ride on it will only make the problem worse ....

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 8:09 Quote
It happened before I even touched the coil and I havent ridden the bike much since this happened. Looks like I'm making a trip to the bike shop. Thanks guys

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 8:51 Quote
myanh wrote:
frango wrote:
My 2013 Glory frame S will arrive in the beginning of December Smile
I am going to transplant all the parts from current bike except FSA Option headset, which will be no longer needed, which are/will be:
2012 Fox 36 Float 180 Kashima
Fox RC4 with Ti spring which is going to be replaced with CC DBair, I hope Smile
Hope/DT/Dartmoor Raider wheels, which I plan to upgrade with WTB i23 hoops and Sapim CX Ray spokes
Sram X7 rear mech and shifter, which I want to replace with Zee components
Shimano XT finned brakes with IceTech rotors
Shimano Saint crankset w/ LG1+ device, XTR Trail pedals
Thomson seatpost, Pro stem, Easton Havoc CF h-bar
Maxxis Minion 3C Exo tires etc.
Complete build should be around 14,2-14,3kg (31,3-31,5lbs) Smile
so wich headset will you use ? do you notice strange noise coming from fsa headset ?

Hi guys, I'm making a custom build 2014 GIANT Glory but in the website they don't tel de head tube size.
I'm going to buy the new Marzocchi 380 fork but there are two options.

one with 1 1/8" Steerer, and the other with Tapered Steerer. Can you guys help me and tell me which of those I have to buy to the 2014 Glory, (the same as the 2013 with diferent colors) http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/productlist.aspx?red=1

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 9:14 Quote
Joelrider wrote:

Hi guys, I'm making a custom build 2014 GIANT Glory but in the website they don't tel de head tube size.

one with 1 1/8" Steerer, and the other with Tapered Steerer. Can you guys help me and tell me which of those I have to buy to the 2014 Glory, (the same as the 2013 with diferent colors) http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/productlist.aspx?red=1
Either should fit as giant use a taper headtube, though a straight steerer fork is what they used to fit to their complete Glorys (from memory) with a headset reducer . Might make the fork more resalable to get a straight steerer?

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 9:24 Quote
maccduff wrote:
Joelrider wrote:

Either should fit as giant use a taper headtube, though a straight steerer fork is what they used to fit to their complete Glorys (from memory) with a headset reducer . Might make the fork more resalable to get a straight steerer?
+1 great plan! the headset is a 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" head tube (special giant stuff) get a straight 1 1/8" steerer and you're set!

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 10:07 Quote
makripper wrote:
maccduff wrote:
Joelrider wrote:

+1 great plan! the headset is a 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" head tube (special giant stuff) get a straight 1 1/8" steerer and you're set!
no, the glory has a standard 1 1/8th to 1.5 tapered headtube.

The 1 1/4" bullshit still uses a 1 1/8th headtube just with a different size bearing.

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 10:45 Quote
Nobble wrote:
makripper wrote:
maccduff wrote:

The 1 1/4" bullshit still uses a 1 1/8th headtube just with a different size bearing.
no. we already went over this earlier in this thread. the head tube is still 1 1/4" the bearings/cups etc are different. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/technology/overdrive/50/

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
makripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
makripper wrote:

no. we already went over this earlier in this thread. the head tube is still 1 1/4" the bearings/cups etc are different. http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/technology/overdrive/50/
either way its pretty dumb...

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 11:53 Quote
To sum things up:

2010-->2014 Giant Glory:
1-1/2" bottom, 1-1/8" top headtube size.

Over drive 2, is a 1-1/4" steer tube on a fork... When Giant bikes come with this size steer tube, Giant will adjust the headset in the frame to accommodate, not the headtube! There is advantages to this steer tube size, but many fail to see it, simply overlooking the fact that its relatively new in development and adoption from mountain bikers.

If you want to change your fork to a standard 1-1/8" steer tube, all you need to do is pickup some standards headset cups for a tapered headtube... No big deal.

Go flames go!

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 12:43 Quote
mitcht wrote:
To sum things up:

2010-->2014 Giant Glory:
1-1/2" bottom, 1-1/8" top headtube size.

Over drive 2, is a 1-1/4" steer tube on a fork... When Giant bikes come with this size steer tube, Giant will adjust the headset in the frame to accommodate, not the headtube! There is advantages to this steer tube size, but many fail to see it, simply overlooking the fact that its relatively new in development and adoption from mountain bikers.

If you want to change your fork to a standard 1-1/8" steer tube, all you need to do is pickup some standards headset cups for a tapered headtube... No big deal.

Go flames go!
shit! I totally read it wrong!! why oh why?? hahaha

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
Joelrider wrote:
myanh wrote:
frango wrote:
My 2013 Glory frame S will arrive in the beginning of December Smile
I am going to transplant all the parts from current bike except FSA Option headset, which will be no longer needed, which are/will be:
2012 Fox 36 Float 180 Kashima
Fox RC4 with Ti spring which is going to be replaced with CC DBair, I hope Smile
Hope/DT/Dartmoor Raider wheels, which I plan to upgrade with WTB i23 hoops and Sapim CX Ray spokes
Sram X7 rear mech and shifter, which I want to replace with Zee components
Shimano XT finned brakes with IceTech rotors
Shimano Saint crankset w/ LG1+ device, XTR Trail pedals
Thomson seatpost, Pro stem, Easton Havoc CF h-bar
Maxxis Minion 3C Exo tires etc.
Complete build should be around 14,2-14,3kg (31,3-31,5lbs) Smile
so wich headset will you use ? do you notice strange noise coming from fsa headset ?

yes the fsa headset was doing a strange noise on the glory 2011 i dont know if they fix it after that...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.080083
Mobile Version of Website