Powered by Outside

inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
http://www.probuiltwheels.com/product_details.em?product_id=1119430

these guys make the best dh forks on the planet prob. and they claim zero flex
mx bikes changed to inverted forks in the early 90's late 80's to eliminate flex
I read that if they made reg forks so they had the same amount of flex that their inverted comparison had that they would've been enormous and heavy!(pertaining to mx bikes)
but yeah foes website said 50mm uppers and 40mm lowers I think and a 30mm axle
HOLY SHIT

foes also make very good shocks. If I had the money I'd get a 2:1 mono with the
f1 XTD fork

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
any comments anyone?!

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
terrance wrote:
any comments anyone?!

Dorados were a big hit back in the day but they leak and blow seals like nothing!! there is a reason all the best riders in the world ride BOXXERS, they perform and there standard! Inverted is old news ! they tried it and it doesnt work. Just my opinion. I have an MX backround(CMRC and Enduro) and I dont like the feel of Inverted on mtbs

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:48 Quote
free629ride wrote:
Dorados were a big hit back in the day but they leak and blow seals like nothing!! there is a reason all the best riders in the world ride BOXXERS, they perform and there standard! Inverted is old news ! they tried it and it doesnt work. Just my opinion.

I'd wait until the '09 Dorado comes out before you make that judgement.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:49 Quote
One issue with some inverted forks that I have seen are that the dropouts are pressed on to the lowers and have a tendency to tear off in bad crashes, since the forces on the wheel and fork are different from that of riding. Friend managed to break both a Risse and an older Shiver.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
shorerider16 wrote:
One issue with some inverted forks that I have seen are that the dropouts are pressed on to the lowers and have a tendency to tear off in bad crashes, since the forces on the wheel and fork are different from that of riding. Friend managed to break both a Risse and an older Shiver.

huh

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
free629ride wrote:
Dorados were a big hit back in the day but they leak and blow seals like nothing!! there is a reason all the best riders in the world ride BOXXERS, they perform and there standard! Inverted is old news ! they tried it and it doesnt work. Just my opinion.

I guess we will see, anyone know why Manitou like dropped off the centre of the earth? A bunch of there riders switched to Fox and OGC dropped them ofr fox. ...

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 23:59 Quote
free629ride wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
free629ride wrote:

I guess we will see, anyone know why Manitou like dropped off the centre of the earth? A bunch of there riders switched to Fox and OGC dropped them ofr fox. ...

g'd night everyone

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 0:53 Quote
2oldschool wrote:
I dont get it who is going to pay 20.000 grand for a bike 5 or 6 ok but 20.000 blows my mind. The tech on that machine cant be that expensive can there be that many euro trash deep pocket posers to sell those things to?

Let me put it this way it's super expensive but take a better look at it.This bike is designed and build by Richi,Richi is known to use only MX technology in some full suspension bikes like the Hulk etc.This bike is based on the MX bike such as the swingarm and damping.It also has a Nicolai G-boxx and every body knows that's crazy expensive if you look at the high end Nicolai's such as the nucleon series.This is not a 90lbs huck/bender bike it's actually 18.5kg.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 1:46 Quote
And the G-Boxx is essentially a Rohloff speedhub in a box.

And the Speedhub retails for $1,200 USD-just for the hub.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
free629ride wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
free629ride wrote:

When Hayes bought them Manitou was in serious red ink. They had invested a lot of money into making cheap OEM forks like the Stance/Splice etc. When the forks failed an in a big way Manitou had to cover the warrenty claims. Remember that when the forks were released they were on EVERY lower end model of bike. So they lost pretty well everything they had made off the fork. They had also been having quality control issues with many of their forks, it was like playing Russain Roulette when buying oe of their products. So what Hayes has done is a major rebuilding/retooling process that involves totally revamping the lineup of shocks and forks. Manufacturing is being moved to California, and MRD has been brought back. While doing this, Hayes basically just carried over last years designs with new paint, so that again R/D as well as sponsorship $'s can go into their 2009 products. Curious to see what teams will be rocking the Dorado next year, besides the CRC Intense Team.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
i have to say that i love inverted forks, i have ridden with shiver and dorado and they are super smooth forks to ride downhill but not so good to do freeriding because they are heavy and they flex easyle. If compare Boxxer and 888 series forks with inverted forks then i have to say that the lightest and smoothest fork is boxxer and when riding freeride then new 888RC3 WC but if marzocchi would start making Shiver forks again then i probably choose Shiver .

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
A page back, someone linked to a Foes fork, and commented about how they're the best. I have to say, in all honesty, they're a retarded fork. They're heavy, they use very old technology, most of the stiffness comes from a 30mm axle, and they're pricey as hell. I'd much rather a fork that's good than a fork that looks good.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:56 Quote
sherbet wrote:
A page back, someone linked to a Foes fork, and commented about how they're the best. I have to say, in all honesty, they're a retarded fork. They're heavy, they use very old technology, most of the stiffness comes from a 30mm axle, and they're pricey as hell. I'd much rather a fork that's good than a fork that looks good.

I heard that the 888 is basically a mini mx fork and if you get one with high/low speed compression rebound, preload controls, then your set. I had one on one of my previous bikes and it was pretty good.

is there anyone out there that has tried a risse fork whether it is the bigfoot or champ or the trixxy. are they any good

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
terrance wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I heard that the 888 is basically a mini mx fork and if you get one with high/low speed compression rebound, preload controls, then your set. I had one on one of my previous bikes and it was pretty good.

is there anyone out there that has tried a risse fork whether it is the bigfoot or champ or the trixxy. are they any good

even motocross bikes don't have a 30mm axle, I kinda agree with that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010550
Mobile Version of Website