Powered by Outside

Norco why such a bad rep?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco why such a bad rep?
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
potvinwannab wrote:
buddy specialized is in the same boat as norco and kona...infact they probably take up most of the deck space as well.

I love my norco 4by, terrific frame. Very burly

infact the the norco rear suspenison design is patented by specialized

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
I had a rocky mountain and switched to a norco shore. I bought a norco because i work at a norco shop and was able to get one hell of a price on a bike. So i bought a norco. Compared to rocky mountain, the paint really suck on the norco. The paint is defenitly crap. The welds ar ok at some place, but there is a huge spot where the welder passed trough the metal near the shock area. But in overall, the welds are absolutly not comparable to rocky mountain's welder. But again i work at a norco shop... and i ould get the best bike for the price with norco.

By the way, norco has the best customer service in our shop. We sell jamis bikes, scotts, opus too, and they do not even get close to the norco custumer service.

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
evankennedy wrote:
Norco isnt progressing and tailoring bikes to the park/slopestyle type riding.

Actually Norco just designed a bike with Ben Boyko specifically for slopestyle. It's called the "5" (due next year I think)

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
makechanges wrote:
its just the cheaper norcos have the bad stuff on em

Exactly... So buy DMR:P But the more expensive norcos are nice.:P

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
I ride a 2004 Atomik and i think its a pretty good Dh rig. Its tricked out a little though. I keep reading in other posts that the less costly bikes norco make are made and/or have bad specs. That is not true. You get what you pay for so if you buy a 200$ bike you get the best that 200$ can get you. That goes for evey bike brand. So I think its a bad way to see bikes in general. My bikes while growing up were all wall-mart bikes and they were built like rocks. Never broke. They were good for what I did with them. So if I pay a 2000$ Norco and people think its sh*t compared to there 5000$ Nicolai....well there wrong. There just not in the same price range so can't posibly be as "good".

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
all norco's but the a-line and the atomik suck balls!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
konakid8 wrote:

I would differ. They use a good suspension design, and give amazing parts for the price, on any model in their range. Superior to Kona, from what I can see.

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
ive never ment a person who dislikes norcos

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
There are a few really nice Norcos this year
Team Dh is amazing
The shore series
The 6's And whoever buys the atomik this year gets a sweet deal on a really nice Entry level dh rig. I have owned a team dh 06 and I loved that frame it was just a little to tall for me , thats why i dont ride a norco anymore. I would be happy on a Six 1 or a new team, or a shore frame,

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
sorry if its a repost, but back to the first page with all the breaking, first of all, ya, as said, they sell a lot of bikes, but also, a good portion of pinkbike is made up of Canadians, and canadians like canadian stuff.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:
konakid8 wrote:

I would differ. They use a good suspension design, and give amazing parts for the price, on any model in their range. Superior to Kona, from what I can see.

i ride an atomik, but i wouldn't be dissing norcos to much with a screen name with kona in it.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
konakid8 wrote:

your terrible!!! judging by the way you talk I'd say you calculate your jumps and stuff to see if you will land them. The reason I said that is ecause it's true, every bike but those ones look dumb as sh*t!! too many dumb curvy lines ad stuff.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
konakid8 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
konakid8 wrote:

your terrible!!! judging by the way you talk I'd say you calculate your jumps and stuff to see if you will land them. The reason I said that is ecause it's true, every bike but those ones look dumb as sh*t!! too many dumb curvy lines ad stuff.

now i don't think it's too smart to talk shit to a MOD.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
sherbet wrote:
konakid8 wrote:

i ride an atomik, but i wouldn't be dissing norcos to much with a screen name with kona in it.

hey man, i don't have anything against atomk's. in fact i almost got one.
just a screen name dude

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
DISCLAIMER: i do no know your mom, i have never met her. i mean no offense to her or you but this is to good an oppritunity to pass up.

your mom ain't to nice looking but she still rides well.

but you said they (not the a-line or atomik) suck balls because they look like crap. i must agree that there a much better looking bikes than norcos 2008 line but they are still great bikes. and norco is not my brand of choice either, but if you could get an ok dh bike for $1000 i dont thkn you would pass it up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024986
Mobile Version of Website