Posted: May 26, 2024 at 18:06 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Hey Joe....
Where you goin with that gun in yo hand

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 18:48 Quote
fredro wrote:
Probably voids warranty?
I'm sure warranty is expired for me anyway.
I'm willing to chance it to get rid of the limiter.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 18:54 Quote
photo
New braaap mobile, I've been looking for a bike for summer and snow biking and this one came up for sale semi locally. 2023 Beta 500rrs with 150km. It's an arm stretcher.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 19:14 Quote
Hell yeah.. I'm really getting the moto itch again.. I go in 5-6 years swings where I'll buy one and ride the shit out of it for 2-3 years then die off and sell it and want another one in after a few years without one.

As bad as I want a moto though, the Crewcab 70s ford is getting any spare play money I can squeek away.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 21:12 Quote
fredro wrote:
Probably voids warranty?

No one needs to know. It comes off as easily as it goes on. I’ve taken mine into the shop for updates and I take it off before I take it in. I did forget to one time, but I got updates with no issues and it wasn’t detected.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 21:21 Quote
d-man wrote:
photo
New braaap mobile, I've been looking for a bike for summer and snow biking and this one came up for sale semi locally. 2023 Beta 500rrs with 150km. It's an arm stretcher.

Very nice! I sold my old CR250 2 stroke a little while back and I regret it now. So I want an another moto, but I also want the new Nicolai Saturn 16 with the Pinion MGU and belt drive. The wife will try to kill me if I try to get either, but I’m ready and willing to battle get one of them.

Posted: May 28, 2024 at 13:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Hey Joe....
Where you goin with that gun in yo hand

that deserves recognition Beer

Posted: May 28, 2024 at 13:55 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Hero! Ya right .
Honestly man there’s been some points
in the last couple years where emergency situation has called upon me and I didn’t do all that I could or should have done . Then I get the remorse and thinking about how I should have handled the situation .
Replaying those situations over and over in my mind and dwelling on them has made my action response better .
Like ok dumbass don’t f*ck this up… lol

cool, you got that dude hooked up with some help.

I kept having these weird almost daydream like thoughts of things going bad at the track last weekend and having to make some sacrificial move to help someone out. Like car fires and shit. it was just strange....almost like I knew something bad was gonna go down and I was preparing myself to jump in. I was staging shit around the pits like additional fire extinguishers, extra gloves, trying to be hyper aware of what resources were where. Looking at seatbelt operations and window nets. Like I said....just a weird aura.

thank goodness nothing happened, not because it meant I didn't get drawn in, but because nothing happened. Nothing happening in that environment is a good thing,

Posted: May 28, 2024 at 14:44 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Hero! Ya right .
in the last couple years where emergency situation has called upon me and I didn’t do all that I could or should have done . Then I get the remorse and thinking about how I should have handled the situation .
Replaying those situations over and over in my mind and dwelling on them has made my action response better .

Super relatable... had a situation this past Sunday that really made me feel shitty about how I handled the situation.

Traveling for work, heading to the airport... stopped at a light waiting to turn left into the airport, light turns green and as I'm about to pull forward the car to my right runs the light and starts slowly pulling forward. I honk, and then make my turn after he passes, flipping him off and cussing him as I pass, pull into the airport loop and look up in my mirror and watch dude plow straight into the sign for the airport and suddenly realize that he didn't run the light, he wasn't turning like you'd turn to make a turn, but wasn't going straight, and he wasn't going slowly to avoid an accident, he was in some kind of distress, had a heart attack behind the wheel or passed out or who knows but immediately felt like shit that my natural reaction was "f*ck this f*cking guy, what an a*shole rolling the light" instead of "hey, this is weird, I wonder if this guy is ok". Looped around and, by the time I got back, there were two cars stopped and an ambulance already on the scene but yeah... definitely feel the remorse about wishing I'd have handled the situation with a bit more assumed empathy instead of immediately leaning on my general sense of misanthropy.

Posted: May 28, 2024 at 14:53 Quote
In all fairness…the ratio between douche baggary and emergency situations is quite an unbalanced number.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2024 at 21:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
In all fairness…the ratio between douche baggary and emergency situations is quite an unbalanced number.

Grossly skewed to the asshattery side of things.. People as so f'ing dumb as a rule that it's hard to give them slack just on the off chance that it's an emergency situation..

But I get that when you do react poorly in one of those situations, there are a million things in your head you wish you could have done differently..

Posted: May 29, 2024 at 7:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Hero! Ya right .

Super relatable... had a situation this past Sunday that really made me feel shitty about how I handled the situation.

Traveling for work, heading to the airport... stopped at a light waiting to turn left into the airport, light turns green and as I'm about to pull forward the car to my right runs the light and starts slowly pulling forward. I honk, and then make my turn after he passes, flipping him off and cussing him as I pass, pull into the airport loop and look up in my mirror and watch dude plow straight into the sign for the airport and suddenly realize that he didn't run the light, he wasn't turning like you'd turn to make a turn, but wasn't going straight, and he wasn't going slowly to avoid an accident, he was in some kind of distress, had a heart attack behind the wheel or passed out or who knows but immediately felt like shit that my natural reaction was "f*ck this f*cking guy, what an a*shole rolling the light" instead of "hey, this is weird, I wonder if this guy is ok". Looped around and, by the time I got back, there were two cars stopped and an ambulance already on the scene but yeah... definitely feel the remorse about wishing I'd have handled the situation with a bit more assumed empathy instead of immediately leaning on my general sense of misanthropy.

yeah nah, the fact that you reflected upon it and wished that you had recognized a trigger that would have had you jump in to help is more significant. keep the perspective that you were on your way to the airport and had a million other things on your mind- including the expectation that you were gonna see a*sholes at the airport. because flying puts most people at a level 7 anxiety scale and humanities true douchnicity always presents itself while flying. yeah, i'd shake that self criticism off like dog coming out of a pond.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 12:04 Quote
Douche baggary, ashattery, douchnicity….

Gawd I love this place!!

Posted: May 29, 2024 at 13:02 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Gawd I love this place!!

those are the kind of buzzwords I prefer to use in meetings instead of shit like agile, pivot, strategic, innovative.......

and my all time favorite 'what does good look like.....'

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 14:00 Quote
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Gawd I love this place!!

those are the kind of buzzwords I prefer to use in meetings instead of shit like agile, pivot, strategic, innovative.......

and my all time favorite 'what does good look like.....'

Meetings....buncha circular wurdz salud, just get to the point already WITHOUT using a buncha woke, meaningless buzzwurdz.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.056193
Mobile Version of Website