Rock Shox Boxxer Debonair Upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rock Shox Boxxer Debonair Upgrade
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
Hello, does anyone know if the Debonair Upgrade Kit for Boxxer is backwards compatible with older ones?

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
If anyone else is trying to do the same, I ordered the kit (200mm) one for my MY16 Boxxer World Cup. It could not fit right away... I had to take it to get modified. You have to make a different lower spacer that comes with the kit and you have to take some material off the lower seal head.

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
Can you explain more? Planning of doing the same

FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Definitely not ideal. It would be better to just purchase a C1 stanchion. The top of the stanchions won't line up since the C1 lowers have a different offset but you won't be compromising structural integrity by removing material from the sealhead. Much better option IMO, especially if you are converting from a coil (you will have air by pass if you try to convert from a coil).

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
Would you say it was easy to do the modifications? Seems to be hard to come by the C1 stanchions.

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
AmarBDZ wrote:
If anyone else is trying to do the same, I ordered the kit (200mm) one for my MY16 Boxxer World Cup. It could not fit right away... I had to take it to get modified. You have to make a different lower spacer that comes with the kit and you have to take some material off the lower seal head.

Would you say it was easy to do the modifications? Seems to be hard to come by the C1 stanchions.

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
I cannot see how this can work. The C1 staunchon must have the negative air pressure equalising dimple in the wall. The earlier Boxxer uses a Schrader valve in the air piston to equalise positive and negative air at top out.

I suspect it might be possible to make a hybrid with the debonair lower seal head and the solo air piston. I’m going to play with this.

I’m also unsure if more negative air volume is good in the earlier Boxxer. Most are running lots of tokens to get progressivity. A larger negative spring volume will make the entire fork less progressive.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 17:23 Quote
Sorry I haven’t seen the messages until now, the mechanics says it was pretty easy to do it, had no problems since, still running great. I did it because the original air chamber would leak air from positive to negative creating vacume.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Has anyone made these modifications? Looking for some detail on what and how to modify.

Is it an improvement overall or not worth it? I have a 2016 Solo Air Boxxer.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
Mtbmava wrote:
Has anyone made these modifications? Looking for some detail on what and how to modify.

Is it an improvement overall or not worth it? I have a 2016 Solo Air Boxxer.

Thanks!

I ended up ordering a C1 left stanchion and the Debonair kit. Hopefully that's all I need!

FL
Posted: May 19, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
Hey all, wondering how that C1 replacement / Debonair upgrade ended up working out for you? I have a broken wavy washer with the original solo air spring it (2015 WC solo air) came with, looking into upgrading to debonair...don't want inferior washer sys any more, if I can manage... UGH.

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 23:57 Quote
whichoneispink wrote:
Hey all, wondering how that C1 replacement / Debonair upgrade ended up working out for you? I have a broken wavy washer with the original solo air spring it (2015 WC solo air) came with, looking into upgrading to debonair...don't want inferior washer sys any more, if I can manage... UGH.

You can replace that broken washer with an o-ring. Works perfectly.

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 14:57 Quote
Hey guys, funny how time flies when I see these threads as i'm no longer that active here. I sold the bike a long time ago but to my knowladge still works today. I'm pretty sure it was as straight forward as making the new spacer and taking off the extra metal groove. You just need somebody with a little patience and good machining skills, it was done in two days.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011875
Mobile Version of Website